Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Wednesday, October 25th: Jeremiah 6-8, 1 Timothy 5 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Jeremiah 6-8; 1 Timothy 5

Jeremiah 6:12
Their houses will be turned over to others, together with their fields and their wives, when I stretch out my hand against those who live in the land,” declares the Lord


What an awful punishment, to have your home and the people you love the most, taken away from you and given to someone else. The Israelites had recieved many chances to change and live for God again, but rather chose to live for themselves, and now received this punishment. We too are given many chances, but one day those chances will stop, it's time now for change and to live the way God wants.

Jeremiah 7:23
but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Jeremiah 6-8; 1 Timothy 5

1 comment:

Conrad said...

Good point. The time is now to live for God.

"But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless." Jeremiah 7:8

Two truths in this passage; Satan's words are deceptive and also worthless. May we cling to God's Word which gives us truth and hope.