Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tuesday, October 24th; Jeremiah 3-5; 1 Timothy 4 ~ Jody

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Jeremiah 3-5; 1 Timothy 4

12 Therefore, go and give this message to Israel.[b] This is what the Lord says:
“O Israel, my faithless people,
    come home to me again,
for I am merciful.
    I will not be angry with you forever.
13 Only acknowledge your guilt.
    Admit that you rebelled against the Lord your God
and committed adultery against him
    by worshiping idols under every green tree.
Confess that you refused to listen to my voice.
    I, the Lord, have spoken!
Jeremiah 3:12-13
Even back in the Old Testament, we see that God desires a relationship with us. Confess and return. God wants to be close to us and our sinful choices keep us from him. He's not waiting to point His finger in judgement to "catch us doing something wrong" so he can happily discipline us. He's a loving Father that just wants us to stop hurting ourselves and draw near to Him.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJeremiah 6-8; 1 Timothy 5

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Good approach, and a good reminder that God wants to help us live for Him, He's not out to get us.