Monday, October 9, 2017

Monday, October 9th: Isaiah 32-33; Colossians 1 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Isaiah 32-33; Colossians 1

It thought it fitting that on today, Thanksgiving Monday (in Canada), one of the headings in our Colossians passage was literally titled Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving
Colossians 1:3-5 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, for we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints because of the hope reserved for you in heaven.

Are people thankful to God because they have heard about my faith in Christ Jesus?
Are people thankful to God because they have heard of the love I have for all the saints because of the hope we have?

Do I live in such a way that it is clear by both word and deed, that I put my hope and faith in Jesus? Do I speak about my faith?  And do I live it out?  Both of those components are vital.

Without love, without living out what I say I believe, my faith looks futile and I look like a hypocrite.

Without giving a reason for my faith and the reason why I live the way I do, the gospel message is lost completely and I'm just another kind person.

Speak the gospel, and live the gospel.  It's not an either or option.  It's both!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Isaiah 34-36; Colossians 2

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Colossians 1:11
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,

I pray for strength to have great endurance, and patience. I want my faith to last and grow, and not to slowly disappear.