Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sunday, October 8th: Isaiah 30-31; Philippians 4 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Isaiah 30-31; Philippians 4

“And the Lord will make his majestic voice heard. He will display the strength of his mighty arm. It will descend with devouring flames, with cloudbursts, thunderstorms, and huge hailstones.” - Isaiah‬ ‭30:30‬

What a powerful God our Lord is! I think we often forget how big and how strong and how majestic our God is. But without Him, there would be no such thing as strength and majesty, because He created it! It makes me take a step back and think about it. The same God who, with one word, can create or destroy this whole universe, lives inside of me and died for me. Knowing I would let Him down countless times, He still did this for me. Wow, what an amazing God we serve. 

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageIsaiah 32-33; Colossians 1

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Truly amazing - that God who is perfect, who created and formed all things, would forgive my sins and welcome me to be with Him!

Conrad said...

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13

A familiar verse, but it reminded me that my strength comes from the Lord; and after reading our OT passage, I was reminded of just how powerful our God truly is!