Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tuesday, March 26th: Deuteronomy 5:1-6:25, Luke 7:11-35, Psalm 68:19-35, Proverbs 11:29-31 ~ Jeannine

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Deuteronomy 5:1-6:25, Luke 7:11-35, Psalm 68:19-35, Proverbs 11:29-31 

Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

This seems like such easy instructions for how to teach our children but to me it's not always as easy as it should be. It more easily becomes a part of life rather than rules to follow if we integrate it in every aspect of our lives rather than just a Sunday morning agenda. I know that God is not always the first thing on my mind. So if that is the case, I need to make a better effort at bringing God into every part of my life so that it becomes second nature to me to talk about my beliefs and how God affects every moment of my life. I completely believe that He does affect all the areas of my life but it's acknowledging it in the moments and bringing them up in conversations with my family on a regular basis. I'm working on it...

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageDeuteronomy 7:1-8:20, Luke 7:36-8:3, Psalm 69:1-18, Proverbs 12:1

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It's simple, but so not easy!