Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wednesday, June 20th: 2 Chronicles 22-24, 1 Timothy 1 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 2 Chronicles 22-24, 1 Timothy 1

1 Timothy 1:7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
Just because a speaker is confident doesn't mean they are right.  We need to test what people say according to the Word - not according to their words, not according to our desires, but according to God's Word.

12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.
I, too, am thankful that God has considered me trustworthy, that He has called me to serve Him, and that He has given me strength to do so.

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Amen indeed!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Joel 1-3, 1 Timothy 2

No comments: