Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday, June 12: 1 Thessalonians 2, 1 Kings 21-22 ~ Danae


Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 1 Thessalonians 2, 1 Kings 21-22

1 Thessalonians 2:13-
And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.

The bible is not only words read in church or a good book for us to read, it is the Word of God.  It is a word of real & living power. Do we believe that?  This verse says that, for those who believe, it is at work.  If we are truly seeking to learn, we are promised to be changed.

Sometimes I feel like I’m so far from the person I’d like to be.  I make the same mistakes over & over again & feel like I’m no better today than I was yesterday or will be tomorrow...

Am I relying on my own abilities or believing in the power of God. He has given us his word & we have direct access to him in prayer.  If we are going to change, it won’t be in our own strength but through the power of God.

Lord, help me to read the bible, not as a book, but as your living word with the power to change.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: 2 Chronicles 16-18, 1 Thessalonians 3

No comments: