Thursday, June 7, 2018

Thursday, June 7th: 2 Chronicles 10 - 12, Romans 14 ~ Nathan


2 Chronicles 12:1
After Rehoboam’s position as king was established and he had become strong, he and all Israel with him abandoned the law of the LORD.

2 Chronicles 12: 12
Because Rehoboam humbled himself, the LORD ’s anger turned from him, and he was not totally destroyed. Indeed, there was some good in Judah.

2 Chronicles 12: 14
He did evil because he had not set his heart on seeking the LORD.

These verses, to me, summed up Rehoboam. He did evil then turned to God, who made some good out of the situation, but at the end of the day Rehoboam wasn't committed to serving God.

I also sin, then ask for forgiveness and turn back to God, but I want to be fully committed to God. I don't want to be back and forth with commitment to Him, this is my prayer.

No comments: