Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wednesday, August 2nd: Psalms 60-62, Romans 5 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Psalm 60-62; Romans 5

Psalm 60:11
Give us aid against the enemy, for human help is worthless


Only God can truly help us, asking and relying on human help is truly worthless in the long run.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 5: 6-8
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. [7] Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. [8] But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


When I think about this passage, and I've done this before over the years when reading this, I think about which people in my life I would actually give my life for. The honest answer is some family and some friends.

This honest (and pathetic) answer shows the massive difference between a person like me, and our saviour Jesus Christ. He loves all of us, including sinners like myself, enough to give His life for us. What an amazing thing He did for us! Why wouldn't I then want to do my best for Him?


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Psalms 63-65; Romans 6

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Some of the verses in this chapter are simply mind boggling.

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

What an amazing statement!