Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday, August 25th : Psalms 119:1-88; 1Corinthians 7:20-40 ~ Conrad

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Psalms 119:1-881 Corinthians 7:20-40

Today's reading in Psalms 119 provides sound advice for anyone and everyone.  For me, the verses that stood were ones that spoke about and provided guidance for living a pure life.

"How can a young person stay on the path of purity?  By living according to your word."  Psalms 119:9
10 

Seems pretty straight forward.  If we live according to the Bible, we stay on the path of purity.  But how do we stay on that path when everyday we are tempted to please our selfish desires?  The verses that followed verse 9 provided some insight on that:

We need to seek Him (vs 10)
We need to cherish God's truth in our heat (vs 11)
We need to be willing to learn (vs 33)
We need to gain understanding (34)
We need to let the Lord direct us (35)
We need to turn our heart towards His laws (36)
We need to turn our eyes from things of this world (37)

I really like verse 59 below, as it provides a hope for us when we implement the steps (and others) above:

"I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes."  

So encouraging to know that God will empower us so that we can stay on the path of purity!  

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassagePsalms 119:89-176; 1 Corinthians 8

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes that I may see
wonderful things in your law.

This chapter of Psalms has many verses that give good advice. This verse stood out to me, I need to see things the way God wants and therefore pray for His guidance.

Tammy said...

Many of these verses are in songs we’ve sung.

Great truths Conrad - God’s Word is invaluable for us to both know and walk in truth.