Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thursday, August 24th : Psalms 116-118; 1 Corinthians 7:1-19 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Psalms 116-118; 1 Corinthians 7:1-19

Psalm 116:12-14
How can I repay the Lord
for all the good he has done for me?
I will take the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the Lord.
I will fulfill my vows to the Lord
in the presence of all his people.

We can't repay God for what He has done for us. That's not possible.  And He certainly doesn't need anything from us.

But that doesn't mean our response is useless or immaterial.  Or that there's no acceptable response.  Indeed the only acceptable response to God's amazing gift of grace and mercy is accepting that free mercy and grace, being obedient, and being thankful.

That is a response that brings honour and glory to Him!


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassagePsalms 119:1-88; 1 Corinthians 7:20-40

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I had these same verses highlighted, and also asked "what can I do to repay Him?" Nothing can be done to come close to repaying Him, what God has done for us is amazing and cannot be matched by us. What I can do is live for Him and have Him first in my life.