Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wednesday, January 11th: Genesis 27-28; Matthew 8:18-34

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Genesis 27-28; Matthew 8:18-34

I realized that I forgot to introduce myself in my first post, so.....

Hi! My name is Emma, and I am 15 years old. I've followed along with a "bible in a year" plan for 3 years, and am now reading a chapter a day, and posting once a week on this blog (using this bible in a year plan).

Matthew 8:23-27 is one of my favourite stories.

The disciples were very experienced sailors, and knew that the storm was very dangerous. Their knowledge in the sea is what stopped them from trusting in Jesus, even though they had seen Him perform many miracles already.

Sometimes the things we think we know most about are the things stopping us from trusting in Jesus. We think we know every outcome, and think there is no possible way out. But we need to put aside our human pride and trust the One who holds the whole world in His hands.

Even when the waves are crashing around us, and the storm looks dangerous, we know we can trust in Him, because God is in control

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageGenesis 29-30; Matthew 9:1-17

3 comments:

Jody said...

I love your perspective on that passage Emma. I've never thought of it that way!! I appreciate your perspective on it. Thanks!

kjad said...

"But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead." (Mathew 8:22) The man in this passage wanted to follow Jesus, but he was too caught up in the stuff he wanted to get done on earth. When we follow Jesus, we need to put Him before all our earthly traditions and practices.

Tammy said...

Great perspective Emma!

This is one miracle that likely made them realize exactly who Jesus was. It's one thing to witness a healing, but it's another to see someone demonstrate complete and utter control over something so powerful! For a storm of that intensity to calm instantaneously- sheer awe and amazement and, yes, fear!