Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday, January 27th: Exodus 16-18, Matthew 18:1-20 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 16-18, Matthew 18:1-20

How often do I complain and feel like I'm getting short changed? Am I really, or do I have things pretty good?

In today's reading we see again how the Israelites complained, and yet we (who have read this story and know the ending) are disgusted with their complaints and can't see how they don't see how good they have it.

Exodus 16:2
In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron.

Exodus 17:3
But the people were thirsty for water there, and they grumbled against Moses. They said, “Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to make us and our children and livestock die of thirst?”


They just left slavery and are now on their way to the promised land, more importantly God has already shown them many miracles which confirm that He is with them.

I don't know how each part of my day, month, or year will end, this story is a good reminder for me to not complain and have faith in the One who has done so much for me, our own story isn't over yet!


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Exodus 19-20; Matthew 18:21-35

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Definitely a good reminder to be grateful and purposefully remember God's goodness and miracles He has done for us.

The NT was a good reminder to take sin and temptation seriously.