Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday, January 22nd: Exodus 4-6; Matthew 22-36 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 4-6; Matthew 14:22-36

I found there was a lot of questioning and disbelief in God in the passages read today.

Moses kept asking God "why me?" And he kept saying how he wasn't capable of doing what God asked him to do. Yet God provided what Moses needed, and gave him the abilities to do what he was asked to do.

We need to stop asking "why me?" when God asks us to do something, and trust that He will provide the resources and abilities we need in order to do what He has asked us to do.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageExodus 7-8; 15:1-20

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Exodus 4:10
But Moses pleaded with the Lord, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.”

This sounds alot like something I would say, or someone else maybe. It's easier to make excuses, so I can be excluded, then to look to find a way to get something done for God.

Helen said...

A good reminder, Emma, to trust God to provide the necessary tools to help us do what he requires of us. Thanks Emma.

Jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jody said...

A good reminder that God will purposely call us to things that we are not equipped to fulfill on our own. As Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 12, God's power is made perfect in weakness.

Tammy said...

When we bring out doubts to God we find that our answers lie with Him, in Him. Moses made excuses, but Peter cried out to God for help. May we be like Peter in this case - bringing our doubts to God and asking Him to rescue us, or to provide the strength we need to do what He has asked of us.