Monday, July 3, 2017

Monday, July 3rd: Job 25-27; Acts 12 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Job 25-27; Acts 12

Every time I read the story of Peter's rescue, I always find it funny how the servant girl, Rhoda, leaves Peter standing outside because she's so shocked to see him, and that the believers don't believe her, even though they've been praying for this exact thing.

Whether this was a lack of faith, or simply a matter of knowing that God was capable of rescuing Peter but not knowing whether or not He would - God did the miracle anyway!

It reminds me of the plea in Mark "I believe, help my unbelief", and it makes me so grateful that God hears us, despite our weak faith, and that He answers even when our belief is a work in progress.  He is faithful!


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Job 28-29; Acts 13:1-25

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Yes, I'm thankful for the patience God shows with me, a sinner who makes mistakes

Jody said...

He hears us and is working for our good! Yes - help my unbelief...