Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saturday, September 22nd: Psalms 129-131; 2 Corinthians 9 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Psalms 129-131; 2 Corinthians 9

I love the progression of Psalm 130.....

V1-2
From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help.  Hear my cry, O Lord.  Pay attention to my prayer.

The first step is to recognize our need for help, and that God alone is the source of that help.

3 Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?
No one is perfect - far from it!  If God kept a record of our sins and judged us accordingly, things would not go well for us.

4 But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.
But thankfully, He has provided a way for us to be forgiven!

5 I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Thankfully, we can find His truths in the Word, and we can always count on Him. 

6 I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.
7 O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is unfailing love. His redemption overflows.
8 He himself will redeem Israel from every kind of sin.

Our hope is in God alone. In Him we have unfailing love and redemption from every sin!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Psalms 132-134, 2 Corinthians 10

No comments: