Saturday, June 9, 2018

Saturday, June 9th: 1 Kings 16-18; Romans 16 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 1 Kings 16-18; Romans 16

I always love the story of Elijah and the battle on Mount Carmel.  I love the absolute and undeniable display of God's power.  I think that sometimes, because we don't see those type of drastic miracles anymore, we tend to forget that we serve that God.   Not only that, that power lives within us through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  That's amazing!

Romans 16:19 But everyone knows that you are obedient to the Lord. This makes me very happy. I want you to be wise in doing right and to stay innocent of any wrong.

I was fortunate to grow up in a Christian home, and our kids have that same blessing.  This is my prayer (one of many!) for them - that they would continue to be wise in doing what is right and to stay innocent of any wrong.  I remember as a teen sometimes thinking that my testimony was boring.  But honestly, to not have a dramatic testimony to share is a blessing in itself.  To have never known a time without Christ is truly a good thing!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage1 Kings 19-20, 1 Thessalonians 1

No comments: