Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday, June 23rd: 2 Kings 13-15; 1 Timothy 4 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 2 Kings 13-15; 1 Timothy 4

1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
I've always loved this verse - both when I was young, and now that I have children who are young but old enough to choose to live this way.

It's a good reminder to me not to belittle or stereotype the youth in our church.  God can do great things through them, and their example an be an inspiration and encouragement to me in my own faith.

It's also a good reminder that no matter how old we are, we need to be that example to other believers.  We need to watch what we say and how we live.  Our love, faith, and purity should be evident to all.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageAmos 1-4, 1 Timothy 5

No comments: