Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday, May 24th: Song of Songs 4-6, Romans 2 ~ Nathan


A couple verses in our New Testament portion caught my attention...

Romans 2:4
Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?

God loves us so much that He is kind, tolerant and patient with us. Do I respond with trying to do my best for Him? Or ignore what He does for me?

Romans 2:29B
... And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.
The last part of this verse stood out to me, do I seek praise from God or people? Often I look for and enjoy praise from people, but my focus should be on seeking praise from God. This is what counts and truly matters.

No comments: