Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday, May 4th: 1 Chronicles 22-24; Acts 13 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 1 Chronicles 22-24; Acts 13

“But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.’” - Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭13:22‬

I often have a hard time believing in God’s mercy for me. As if He has mercy for everyone except me, which of course isn’t true.

But I need to remember that God called David (a man who had many wives, killed innocent men, and committed many more sins that we might call “worse” than other sins) a “man after His own heart”. Even though David had committed all of these terrible sins, God still had mercy on Him because he saw that he was sinful, and realized he needed God.

So the next time I think that God could never forgive me for all the sins I’ve done, I need to remember David, and I need to repent and trust that God loves and forgives me even though I’ve sinned. 

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage1 Chronicles 25-27; Acts 14

1 comment:

Tammy said...

There is nothing we can do to make God love us more.
There is nothing we can do to make God love us less.
He loves us. Not because of us, or anything to do with us at all. But because He is love, and He is glorified in His love for us and in His mercy towards us.