Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wednesday, February 11th: Isaiah 50-52, Mark 12:28-44 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Isaiah 50-52, Mark 12:28-44

Judah's sufferings were the necessary result of sin, but their separation from the Lord was only temporary.  The Lord's power to redeem was indisputable, but Judah still refused to believe and obey Him.  However, God had made an unconditional promise in the Davidic covenant, and He would honour that through Jesus who will reign forever.

Jesus was made perfect through obedience and suffering.  He obeyed His Father's will  even though He was treated cruelly and was not swayed from the path set before Him no matter what hardship awaited Him.  He had complete and utter confidence in His Father's support.  And the salvation that He accomplished will last forever!

How beautiful are the feet of him who brings good news.

We are to be the bearers of that good news!  We are supposed to have beautiful feet.  It is such good news - how can we keep it to ourselves!

Spreading the gospel is also the embodiment of the greatest commands in our Mark passage.

Love God and love our neighbour.

If we love our neighbour we will share the good news.  If we love God we will want to glorify Him through word and deed.

Are we loving God and loving our neighbour through His power?


 Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage passage: Isaiah 53-55, Mark 13:1-20

2 comments:

Pamela said...

The passage about beautiful feet stood out for me too:

7 How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of him who brings good news,
who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness,
who publishes salvation,
who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”
8 The voice of your watchmen—they lift up their voice;
together they sing for joy;
for eye to eye they see
the return of the Lord to Zion.

I think about the times when my oldest daughter Kiandra is out driving and the roads are a bit slippery. I'm getting better at my anxiousness the longer she has her licence but as a mom I still worry. As I wait for her to come come at night, there is always that relief of the beautiful sound of her arrival home-safe and sound. I may not sing for joy like the watchmen in this verse do but I am surely glad when I hear that she has arrived home.

Conrad said...

A great passage indeed.

What stood out for me was the end of verse 44 of Mark 12. The Message translation ended by saying the widow gave her all. It lead me to wonder, do I give God my all? Not just all my finances, but all my time? Or all my possessions, and all my worries? God gave us His all by sending His Son, why is it so hard for us to give Him our all?