Monday, November 21, 2011

Tuesday, November 22nd

Today's reading from the Chronological OT/NT Reading Plan is Ezekiel 18-19, 2 Timothy 3

I've read a few sermons on both of our passages today (or yesterday, by the time you read this), but my mind just isn't functioning anymore today. Today was a heavy day for us - Nathan's cousin and his wife had a baby but the doctors don't think he will live, and today was also the funeral of one of my cousins. A follower of this blog (his mom told me again today how much he appreciated reading this blog - so thank you all!), he was only 36 and died after a 1 1/2 yr battle with brain cancer, leaving behind his wife and their two children (ages 3 and 1). Even though I didn't know him well at all, this has really hit me quite hard as it is reminiscent of my family 32 years ago when my dad died when I was 2 1/2 and my sister 9 months old.

Anyway, I do apologize but I'm just not able to write a new post for today. So, instead I'm going to simply link you to the post I did last year on our Ezekiel passage. Thanks for understanding, and feel free to comment on whatever struck you as you read today.


Tomorrow's passage: Ezekiel 20-21, 2 Timothy 4

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I am so happy for your cousin because he came to know the Lord before he passed away. I know how much this blog has helped me over the last couple of years, but it is wonderful to hear that someone else we (most of us) don't know was benefiting from it as well.

I liked the post on this passage from last year, so thanks for re-posting it.