Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wednesday, May 30th: Ecclesiastes 10-12, Romans 7 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ecclesiastes 10-12, Romans 7


Romans 7:15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Unfortunately, we don't become perfect instantaneously when we become Christians.  Instead, we have to battle our sinful nature every day.

But thankfully, it is not a hopeless battle, and it is not one that we fight alone.

Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Christ is at work in us, changing us, molding us, shaping us.  But, we are not passive in this.  We don't just sit back and wait for God to work His magic on our lives while we binge watch Netflix and leave our Bible collecting dust on the shelf.

We also must put in the work, while knowing that we're relying on His strength.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage1 Kings 4-6, Romans 8

No comments: