Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Wednesday, May 2nd: 2 Samuel 22-24, Acts 11 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 2 Samuel 22-24, Acts 11

2 Samuel 22 is a beautiful chapter.

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.
He is my refuge, my savior,
    the one who saves me from violence.
I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and he saved me from my enemies.
“The waves of death overwhelmed me;
    floods of destruction swept over me.
The grave[a] wrapped its ropes around me;
    death laid a trap in my path.
But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
    yes, I cried to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
    my cry reached his ears.
When bad times come (and they will!), it is so important to remember to run to God.  He is the only One that can help us in times of distress.  He may not change our circumstance, but He will be with us through it all.  He will never leave us.  He will never forsake us.

He is our shield.
He is our rock.
He is our fortress.
He is our saviour.
He is the power that saves us.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage2 Samuel 22-24, Acts 11

No comments: