Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tuesday, November 14th: Lamentations 3-5; Hebrews 10:19-39 ~ Jody

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Lamentations 3-5; Hebrews 10:19-39

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” Lamentations 3:22-24

What encouraging verses. He is all and everything we can place our hope in. And it's confirmed again in our New Testament reading.

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Hebrews 10:23

I could have actually listed the whole Hebrews reading here as passages that resonated with me today. That we continue to live in His hope, repenting and turning back to Him so we can fully receive His goodness and nearness.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageEzekiel 1-2; Hebrews 11:1-19

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Lamentations 3:31-33
For no one is cast off
by the Lord forever.
Though he brings grief, he will show compassion,
so great is his unfailing love.
For he does not willingly bring affliction
or grief to anyone.

A few verses that encouraged me