Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thursday, November 30th: Ezekiel 37-39; 2 Peter 2 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ezekiel 37-39; 2 Peter 2

25 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name. 26 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid. 27 When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of many nations. 28 Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. 29 I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord.”
Truly, God's grace is amazing!

We, like the Israelites, have betrayed God time and time again.

Still, He offers us forgiveness.
Grace.
Mercy.
Compassion.
Slate wiped clean.
Righteousness.
Relationship with God Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.

All glory be to God for the great things He has done for us!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Ezekiel 40-41; 2 Peter 3

1 comment:

Nathan said...

We don't deserve anything good, but God still wants us to ask for forgiveness and to come know Him, and then enjoy Heaven! What a great example of love He shows!