Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thursday, November 16th: Ezekiel 3-4; Hebrews 11:20-40 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is  Ezekiel 3-4; Hebrews 11:20-40

Hebrews 11:39-40 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.
We love it when God answers prayer (with a "yes!") and when we receive what's been promised.  It's easy to be faithful then.

But these faith "hall of fame-ers" were commended for their faith- and they never received what had been promised.  They NEVER received it, and were faithful anyway. 

It reminds me of the Mercy Me song....

I know You're able, and I know You can
save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
my hope is You alone

They say it only takes a little faith
to move a mountain
Well, good thing,
a little faith is all I have right now.
But God when You choose
to leave mountains unmoveable
oh give me the strength to be able to sing
it is well with my soul

May I have that kind of faith!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageEzekiel 5-7; Hebrews 12

1 comment:

Nathan said...

The faith Moses had, stood out to me. He could have lived a life of luxury, but rather chose to live with his own people in slavery, because he had faith in God. That's awesome!