Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Wednesday, August 30th: Psalm 129-131, 1 Corinthians 11: 1-16 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Psalms 129-131; 1 Corinthians 11:1-16

When reading our portion today from the New Testament, I wasn't sure what to make of it and how to apply this to my Christian walk today. When I looked further, the verses that stood out to me were found in verses 11 and 12

1 Corinthians 11: 11-12
Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.


The last part of this portion stood out to me... "but everything comes from God"

The portion of scripture tells me that at the end of the day, we are to honour and listen to God, above all else, for everything comes from Him, He is central.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Psalms 132-134; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34

No comments: