Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wednesday, March 8th: Deuteronomy 4-6, Mark 11:1-18 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Deuteronomy 4-6, Mark 11:1-18

A couple verses that stood out to me as I read today's passage,

Deuteronomy 4:9
Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.


Important lesson for the Israelites, to not forget all they had seen or to let them be forgotten by fading from their hearts. Important lesson for me too, do I remember things God has done for me in the past? Or do I just look forward and forget all He has done for me?

Deuteronomy 5:32
So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left


Here we see the importance of staying focused on God and not turning to side distractions that will pull us away from God. A good reminder to stay focused on Him and what He says in the bible, and not get caught up in small details that can distract us from Him.

Mark 11:9
Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, “Hosanna!”
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord !”


A popular chorus sung in church. These words were shouted at Jesus, praising Him. A short while later there didn't seem to be anyone around who would praise Him, as He was mistreated and later killed, for you and me. I want to be consistent in my love and praise for Him, and pray for strength to do this, not turning from Him ever.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageDeuteronomy 7-9; Mark 11:19-33

2 comments:

Jody said...

Great thoughts Nathan! I am so guilty of forgetting all the good things He has done. I love the instruction in the first Deuteronomy verse to teach your children and their children after them. The reminder to speak of God's goodness constantly! What a good way to imprint it in your heart and mind.

Tammy said...

So important to remember God's faithfulness to us!

This verse is a very popular one (and I love it!)
4 “Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.[h] 5 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.

But the next one is also very practical.....
6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today.

Are we wholeheartedly committed to obedience?