The Old Testament reading had so many truths in it for me today!
- Even if we hide our sin, it can have massive consequences. And those consequences have the potential to be far-reaching beyond our own life!
- "All" Achan did was hide some plunder that he kept from Babylon. He even hid it so well, buried some under his tent even. No one would ever know, yet it resulted in 36 warriors killed and "The Israelites were paralyzed with fear at this turn of events, and their courage melted away." Joshua 7:5.
- God can take our sin and not only turn it to good - but leverage it to bring about His glory!
- God used the very fact that the men of Ai defeated the Israelites once to bolster their confidence and leave their town unprotected. He used this to His own benefit as a means to defeat the men of Ai.
- God still pours His blessings on us even when we don't deserve it.
- Only the livestock and the treasures of the town were not destroyed, for the Israelites kept these as plunder for themselves, as the had commanded Joshua." Joshua 8:27
- Achan's unauthorized holding of plunder from Babylon was sinful disobedience earlier in this reading, yet God still chose to allow them to keep plunder from the town of Ai. He still chooses to pour undeserved blessings on us!!
- Humans are sinful and we keep repeating our sin - we NEED Jesus!
Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Joshua 10-12, Luke 1:39-56