Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday, March 26th: Joshua 22-24; Luke 3 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Joshua 22-24; Luke 3

"Deep in your hearts you know that every promise of the LORD your God had come true. Not a single one has failed!" - Joshua 23:14

I often have to remind myself of all the promises that God has kept. "I will never leave you", "I love you", "I have a plan for you". These are all true and they never stop being true. Even when we forget about them or when we doubt, they are still true, and God is still good. 

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJudges 1-3; Luke 4:1-30

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love how God's faithfulness in keeping His promises is emphasized two days in a row in our readings. So important for us to remember!

Joshua 24:15b But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
It is a choice, and one that has to be made daily. I want nothing more than our entire family to serve the Lord!

Joshua 22: 5 Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
I love this entire verse, but particularly the part that says to cling to God. It should rightly be an act of desperation as He is our only hope and strength.

Nathan said...

Joshua 23:14
“Soon I will die, going the way of everything on earth. Deep in your hearts you know that every promise of the Lord your God has come true. Not a single one has failed!

God is totally trustworthy and faithful, what He says He does, we can trust in Him.

Jody said...

Amen! Our God never changes and His promises endure. What an awesome truth!