Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tuesday, March 29th: Judges 4-6; Luke 4:31-44 ~ Jody

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Judges 4-6, Luke 4:31-44

“Please, Lord, how can I save Israel? Behold, my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.” 16 And the Lord said to him, “But I will be with you, and you shall strike the Midianites as one man.” 17 And he said to him, “If now I have found favor in your eyes, then show me a sign that it is you who speak with me. 18 Please do not depart from here until I come to you and bring out my present and set it before you.” And he said, “I will stay till you return.” Judges 6:15-18

Gideon had it right. We need to humble ourselves before God and realize that we are nothing without Him. Yet another reminder that God looks for our hearts to be willing and for ears to hear. Gideon's pursuit of God to give him signs was not a lack of faith, but a desire for confirmation that he was indeed hearing God's direction correctly. He is going back to what the Israelites had forgotten - asking God for direction and then heeding it!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJudges 7-8; Luke 5:1-16

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Luke 4:40
Now when the sun was setting, all those who had any who were sick with various diseases brought them to him, and he laid his hands on every one of them and healed them.

I would have thought that Jesus would have been tired and just wanted to relax after another day of work, yet here we read that He took the time to heal. What love He shows, not taking time off but rather using His time to heal.

Tammy said...

May we always remember to seek God's direction in our lives! Thankful that we have the Word that instructs us, if only we read it and obey.