Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wednesday, March 29th: Judges 7-8, Luke 5:1-16 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Judges 7-8; Luke 5:1-16

Today's Old Testament story is a familiar one, the story of Gideon and how he defeated the Midianites.

This story is about how God reduced Gideon's army to pretty much nothing, and still defeated a foe that was thought to be unbeatable. This is another of many miracles that God did for the Israelites.

Judges 8:23
But Gideon told them, “I will not rule over you, nor will my son rule over you. The Lord will rule over you.”


Gideon was the piece God used in this story, he could have taken credit and received praise, but was wise to know and say that it was God who did everything.

Do I give credit where credit is due, to God? Or do I just take compliments myself and not say a word about the One who deserves credit for any success I may have?

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Judges 9-10; Luke 5:17-39

2 comments:

Jody said...

Judges 7:9-11 is one of my favourite parts of the Gideon story. God knew Gideon was still afraid and sent him one last confirmation. I imagine it as a gift that God gives him. That he loves Gideon so much and wants him to know how deeply He cares and knows Gideon's fears.

Tammy said...

I love how God reduced the size of Gideon's army to practically nothing in order to make it crystal clear who the glory belonged to. So often we take credit for our successes, not realizing that even our ability to breathe is an act of grace on God's part. All glory goes to Him alone!