Thursday, January 10, 2019

Thursday, January 10th: Genesis 23:1 - 24:51, Matthew 8:1-17, Psalm 9:13-20, Proverbs 3:1-6 ~ Nathan


Genesis 24:50-51
Laban and Bethuel answered, “This is from the LORD; we can say nothing to you one way or the other. [51] Here is Rebekah; take her and go, and let her become the wife of your master's son, as the Lord has directed. ”

The faith shown by both Isaac and Rebekah's sides is amazing. One side went on a journey to a far away land, by faith, to find a wife for Isaac. The other side believed Isaac's side and sent their daughter Rebekah with these "strangers" back to a far away land to marry Isaac. Truly God was at work here in many ways.

Matthew 8: 8-9
The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. [9] For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it.”

Amazed by the proper attitude and show of respect for Jesus from this centurion. This centurion had authority amongst his peers, but knows Jesus is way above any of them, or us.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love the faith shown in all these stories!