Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday, October 26th: Lamentations 1-5; John 9 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Lamentations 1-5; John 9

“But I called on your name, Lord, from deep within the pit. You heard me when I cried, “Listen to my pleading! Hear my cry for help!” Yes, you came when I called; you told me, “Do not fear.””
‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:55-57‬

There are days and seasons in our lives when we can’t seem to find joy no matter how hard we look. There are times we feel alone, tired of waiting, and like God has forgotten us. But when we are “deep within the pit”, our Father still sees us.

I think of the story of Jonah in the belly of the fish. Sometimes we need to be in complete darkness, all alone, before we can finally hear the still, small voice of God saying “do not fear”. 

He’s always there, even when it doesn’t seem like it. Cling to that hope, and try to listen for His voice today. 

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageObadiah 1; Jeremiah 40-42; John 10

No comments: