Friday, October 12, 2018

Friday, October 12th: Jeremiah 4-6; 2 Peter 3 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Jeremiah 4-6; 2 Peter 3

“The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

This, to me, was a reminder that God really does love everyone. Even those who don’t love Him. And if God loves, and is patient with everyone (even those who curse His name, who try to prove that He doesn’t exist, who claim that He isn’t good, and who hate Him), then who am I to say I can’t love, and be patient with others just because they annoy me?

My challenge today is for us all to be patient with those we usually have no patience for, and to show them the love of Christ Jesus. 

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJeremiah 7-9; John 1:1-18

No comments: