Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday, August 30th: Psalms 73-75, 1 Corinthians 6 ~ Nathan


Psalm 73 
vs 7-8
From their callous hearts comes iniquity; their evil imaginations have no limits. [8] They scoff, and speak with malice; with arrogance they threaten oppression
vs 14
All day long I have been afflicted, and every morning brings new punishments.
vs 23
Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
vs 28
But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

How often don't we feel that it's unfair that the sinners aren't being punished immediately, and justice isn't carried out quick enough? The wrongdoers are in fact gaining earthly rewards, and we are stuck struggling.

These verses in Psalm 73 reminded me that God is always with us and helping us, life can seem unfair and unjust at times. The reward we will gain one day in Heaven far out ways the earthly rewards that some are getting now.

No comments: