Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday, August 24th: Psalms 58-61, 1 Corinthians 1 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Psalms 58-61, 1 Corinthians 1

“I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, for now no one can say they were baptized in my name. (Oh yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas, but I don’t remember baptizing anyone else.)”
1 Corinthians 1:14-16 NLT

If you read the bible everyday, there are days you’re reading it just for the sake of getting your daily reading in. Well, this day was one of those days for me.


As I was telling myself to pay attention (or, probably more accurately, God was telling me to pay attention) to what I was reading, I noticed the brackets in this section. And it reminded me that this was a personal letter from Paul to the church. The simple “oh yes” of Paul remembering something and writing it down just shows how personal and “unedited” this is. It also reminded me of how God wants to hear every detail of what we have to say. He doesn’t want us to write a speech and edit it and have that be our prayer. He wants it to be genuine, like talking to a friend.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassagePsalms 62-63, 1 Corinthians 2

No comments: