Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thursday, September 28th: Isaiah 5-6; Ephesians 1 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Isaiah 5-6; Ephesians 1

There was a bit of a mixup this week with one passage being done twice, so this one got missed entirely - figured I'd finally fix it (in November, backdating it to September!)



Isaiah 6: 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

"Here am I. Send me!"  Bold words.  Words of willingness.  Words of faithfulness.  Words of trust in God's faithfulness, to follow wherever He leads, no matter the cost.

Costly words!

Am I willing to say, "Here am I. Send me!"

Perhaps those words, and the obedience they require, are made somewhat easier when we fully grasp and understand all the amazing truths in Ephesians 1, and who we are in Christ.

After all....
We are blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing (v3)
We are chosen to be holy and blameless (v4)
We are loved, and we are His adopted children through Jesus (v5)
We are the recipients of His glorious grace (v6)
We are redeemed through His blood and our sins are forgiven (v7)
He has lavished His grace upon us (v8)
And on and on it goes.  We are all those things, we have been given all those things - do we live like it?

No comments: