Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday, September 18th: Proverbs 30-31; 2 Corinthians 11:1-15 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Proverbs 30-31; 2 Corinthians 11:1-15

Proverbs 30:8-9
Keep falsehood and deceitful words far from me.
Give me neither poverty nor wealth; feed me with the food I need.
Otherwise, I might have too much and deny you, saying, “Who is the Lord?”
or I might have nothing and steal, profaning the name of my God.

There is a danger in both poverty and wealth, and the writer wisely asks God to rather grant him something in between in order to avoid the temptations that come with either one.

Thankfully, no matter our circumstances, we are never tempted beyond what we are able to bear - God will always provide a way out, no matter what (1 Corinthians 10:13). We are without excuse.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageEcclesiastes 1-3; 2 Corinthians 11:16-33

No comments: