Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday, July 17th: Psalms 18-19; Acts 20:17-38 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Psalms 18-19; Acts 20:17-38

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the expanse proclaims the work of his hands.

This is so true, and so evident.  When I look at creation, and the amazing creative of God within in, I literally stand in awe of the work of His hands. It is obvious in the grand and spectacular - the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls - as well as the tiny details you can see in the flowers and grasses of the fields. Truly, creation testifies to our God!

Acts 20:24-27
But I consider my life of no value to myself; my purpose is to finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace.
“And now I know that none of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will ever see me again. Therefore I declare to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all of you, because I did not avoid declaring to you the whole plan of God.

Those are powerful words, and I want to be able to say them, as Paul did!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassagePsalms 20-22; Acts 21:1-17

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Acts 20:26&27
I declare today that I have been faithful. If anyone suffers eternal death, it’s not my fault,[b] 27 for I didn’t shrink from declaring all that God wants you to know.

Do I take this responsibility seriously as well? Do I talk about God and what He has done for us, to others? Something I need to work at.