Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wednesday, May 10th: 2 Kings 10-12; John 1:29-51 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 2 Kings 10-12; John 1:29-51

2 Kings 12: 2-3
Joash did what was right in the eyes of the Lord all the years Jehoiada the priest instructed him. [3] The high places, however, were not removed; the people continued to offer sacrifices and burn incense there.
Joash did a lot right, but he  also failed in some ways. We do a lot of good things too, but do we knowingly sin in some ways and try to hide that part of our lives?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
John 1: 30-31
This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me .’ [31] I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”
John was a good man, and had some who followed him, but he had the wisdom to know that Jesus was far greater, and encouraged everyone around him to follow and know Jesus, instead of himself. What a great example, giving God the glory and not trying to take it for ourselves. The glory belongs to God only!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: 2 Kings 13-14; John 2

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great points.

We can learn from Joash by not being satisfied with the good things we've done - we can never become complacent!