Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Tuesday, May 9: 2 Kings 7-9; John 1:1-28 ~ Jody

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: 2 Kings 7-9; John 1:1-28

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it."

I find these verses so comforting and powerful. A strong reminder of God's everlasting, sovereign power over everything! I need to remember this when I start to worry about things - the God that is described here takes care of me!!


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage2 Kings 10-12; John 1: 29-51

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I too face the battle of worrying, and these verses are a reminder that God is bigger and more powerful than anything, and therefore if we trust in Him - He will take care of us!

Tammy said...

I love these verses too! He is LIFE!