Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25th Nicole's post

Today's reading is taken from Leviticus 25:24-26:46

SOAP

Scripture: I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high 26:13

Observation: God has brought the Israelites out, He has taken them out of slavery and given them a free life, one free from burdens.

Application: I don't know about anyone else, but I don't always put my burdens down at God's feet. I carry them around, or I try and fix them. This was a good reminder for me and my situation that by Jesus' blood I am saved. I am not a slave, I don't have to carry a yoke around and be burdened and pushed to the ground by my circumstances, I can walk with my head held high because I am THE KING'S daughter. He has offered to take my load, to help me, walk with me, I just have to lay it down.

Prayer: Thank you God that you sent Jesus to bear our burdens, sins, troubles. Thank you Jesus for the sacrifice you made for us. Thank you that your yoke is easy and your burden is light. Help us to walk with our heads held high, help us to lay down what we are carrying and allow you to work in our lives. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Tomorrow's readings: Leviticus 27 and Numbers 1.

5 comments:

Mrs.Oz said...

amen! there is a great song for that too..lol!:)
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://s0.ilike.com/play%23Nichole%2BNordeman:Lay%2BIt%2BDown:627828:s33891107.9507294.3688897.0.2.138%252Cstd_7b38eb8753a4421c97ee9785273335be&ei=rQmGS6u6GIO6swP42dHUDQ&sa=X&oi=music_play_track&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAcQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNF_2mT8q46LSVU2fDIiLeIzfQbx6Q

Nicole said...

Sorry I forgot to put the links in!! I was going to go back and do it!

Thanks for the song link. I have that cd but had forgotten about it.

Tammy said...

So true Nicole, excellent reminder!

Mrs.Oz said...

I'm coming back by with a prayer request.
This morning a set of twins at our school who we know (they are in 2nd grade, boy and girl) lost their mommy. She had some health problems but it was still very sudden that she passed away. It was this morning right before school. They are not believers. They do have a loving father but the twins have some learning dissabilities that are challenging. Please pray for this family and for us to have opportunities to love them and make sure to take those opportunities.
Thank you.

Nicole said...

How sad.... I am lifting them up in prayer!