Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wednesday, September 11th: Isaiah 8:1-9:21, 2 Corinthians 12:1-10, Psalm 55:1-23, Proverbs 23:4-5 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Isaiah 8:1-9:21, 2 Corinthians 12:1-10, Psalm 55:1-23, Proverbs 23:4-5

12 This boasting will do no good, but I must go on. I will reluctantly tell about visions and revelations from the Lord. I[a] was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know that I was caught up[b] to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell.

This passage is one of the reasons I have massive reservations about any of the "been to heaven" books that have been on the bestseller lists for the past number of years.

The apostle Paul himself was not allowed to speak about what he saw, he admits that he doesn't know whether he was actually there or if it was a vision, and he was given a thorn in his flesh to keep him humble.

If Paul couldn't share, and if no further details are given about heaven (other than what has already been revealed to us in the rest of scripture), why now?  And why would we trust the words of a child (or adult, depending on the novel) more than the words of scripture?

Scripture has given us glimpses of heaven, and I know it is going to be far greater than we could ever imagine!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageIsaiah 10:1-11:16, 2 Corinthians 12:11-21, Psalm 56:1-13, Proverbs 23:6-8

No comments: