Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Tuesday, February 5th: Exodus 21:22-23:13, Matthew 24:1-28, Psalm 29:1-11, Proverbs 7:6-23 ~ Jeannine

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 21:22-23:13, Matthew 24:1-28, Psalm 29:1-11, Proverbs 7:6-23

Matthew 24 talks about what the end of days will look like and I'm pretty sure every generation throughout history feels like it can't get much worse and the end must be at hand. Verse 12 really stood out to me today though.

"Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved."

We live in a world where we are increasingly busy and as I watch my kids grow I pray that some habits of resting and quietly coming before God take root but I know that I find it harder in my own life to find that time and with all the distractions of today's world I fear this will just become harder and harder. And the lack of prayer, bible reading, attending church and cultivating friendships with like minded individuals will pull us further away for God which in turn may cause our "love to grow cold".

Lord, I pray for ourselves and for our children, that you would sustain a love in our/their hearts for you. That the distractions of the world will not pull them or us away from you and that we will continue to worship and stand firm to the very end.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Exodus23:14-25:40, Matthew 24:29-51, Psalm 30:1-12, Proverbs 7:24-27

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is my prayer as well.