Monday, February 11, 2019

Monday, February 11th: Exodus 32:1-33:23, Matthew 26:69-27:14, Psalm 33:1-11, Proverbs 8:33-36 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 32:1-33:23, Matthew 26:69-27:14, Psalm 33:1-11, Proverbs 8:33-36

33 The Lord said to Moses, “Get going, you and the people you brought up from the land of Egypt. Go up to the land I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I told them, ‘I will give this land to your descendants.’2 And I will send an angel before you to drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. 3 Go up to this land that flows with milk and honey. But I will not travel among you, for you are a stubborn and rebellious people. If I did, I would surely destroy you along the way.”
It didn't take the people long to fall into outrageous idolatry.  The result was that God still intended to give them the land, but an angel would go before them, and He would not be with Him.

As my devotional put it....
Essentially what this meant was that they would get the best of everything this world had to offer... minus relationship with God.....

Do we just want the good stuff God gives to us, or do we genuinely want him?

It reminded me of this song by Natalie Grant "More Than Anything". 
Here is the chorus...
Help me want the healer more than the healing
Help me want the savior more than the saving
Help me want the giver more than the giving
Oh help me want you Jesus more than anything

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageExodus 34:1-35:9, Matthew 27:15-31, Psalm 33:12-22, Proverbs 9:1-6

No comments: