Monday, December 31, 2018

Monday, December 31: Job 40-42, Revelation 22 by Pamela

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Job 40-42, Revelation 22

From the OT:
Job 42:2-6
“I know that you can do all things,
    and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
    things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
‘Hear, and I will speak;
    I will question you, and you make it known to me.’
I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
    but now my eye sees you;
therefore I despise myself,
    and repent in dust and ashes.”


From the NT:
Rev 22:6&7
And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.”
“And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

As we come to the end of 2018, may we confess our short comings and repent just as Job did. We know that God can do all things and He does things that our limited human mind cannot comprehend. But we can be reminded that God's words and ways are trustworthy and true and that He is coming soon. Cheers to 2019 and a year ahead to seek to know God more and to wait on Christ's return with eager anticipation.


No comments: