Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday, December 17: Job 4-6, Revelation 14 ~by Pamela

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Job 4-6, Revelation 14

Scripture:

Job 6:24“ Teach me, and I will be silent;
    make me understand how I have gone astray.

Observation: Even though Job knows he did not do anything that would be against God, he calls out to be taught and to learn how to be who God wants him to be.

Application: We know that Job was a righteous man. Satan is sure that Job is only righteous because God had blessed Job with all the earthly desires he could want. The reality is that Job was still a sinner. He was human and made human mistakes. He was righteous but didn't always get things right. However, in the midst of his suffering he wants to be taught by God. He wants to be righteous. If God was showing Job that he was straying, Job wanted to be led back to the right path. He begs to understand and desires to listen and hear from God.

Honestly, I suck at being corrected. I don't like when it is pointed out that I have gone the wrong way. I am rarely silent and I often am bitter when things don't go my way. May I learn from Job and learn to be taught, learn to be silent, and be receptive when an explanation comes that corrects me. May this be my desire.

Prayer: Creator God, I am human as Job was and when things go wrong my first reaction is not to be taught but to pout and be bitter. Thank you for showing mercy to me and my bad habits and guiding me into a transformation to a new creation in You. Give me the desire to experience the change and may it be an example to others. Help me not to stray from the plans You have for me. Amen.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJob 7-9, Revelation 15

No comments: