Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday, December 21st: Job 16-18; Revelation 17:1-6 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Job 16-18; Revelation 17:1-6

“My friends scorn me, but I pour out my tears to God.”
Job 16:20 NLT

Job’s friends are kind of the worst friends ever. They are definitely an example of what we should NOT be like - friends need encouragement in times of sorrow and grief, not criticism.

But like Job, we should pour out our tears to God. Whether our friends are supportive or not, God is always there to listen.

In this passage, Job is very honest as he’s talking to God. We should be more honest when we talk to God as well. I find I often express my feelings lightly to God, but I need to cry out to Him with honesty. He already knows how we feel, and He wants us to share that with Him.


No matter how you’re feeling today, tell God about it in an honest way. 

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJob 19-21; Revelation 17:7-18

No comments: